Welcome to Leap Of Faith 2013!
Last year, we at Greenleaf embarked on our first corporate “prayer experiment” called Leap Of Faith. This was many people’s favorite thing we’ve ever done, so we’re doing it again! During the traditional season of Lent–the six weeks leading up to Easter–we together endeavor to pray big prayers with big faith. For nearly two millennia, followers of Jesus have embraced this time as a season of renewal, of re-centering, and prayer. We want in on that!
Our theme this year is “The Family Of Faith” from Galatians 6:10, where Paul writes to the church saying,
Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith.
We’re called to love everyone–our brothers and sisters in the faith above all. The hypothesis we’re testing out is that as we endeavor to do this better and better, the more fully we’ll be able to love everyone, the more powerful effects that love can have in the world. But it’s not enough to just say, “Hey, I love you guys!” We’re going to be taking a good close look at ourselves and seeing how we might do this in really simple, practical ways.
So, if you’re wondering if faith might work for you, or if you’d like to see more powerful results from prayer, or if you’d like to simply get more out of your current faith experience, this is for you! Below are some quick bullet points, but we encourage you to take a look at the User’s Manual, as it explains in a bit more detail how you can join in:
1. Learn what it looks like to “live like family” via our Sunday messages and small group discussions.
2. Take advantage of the Daily Bible Guide through the book of Acts to see some vivid pictures of the formation of the very first Christian churches.
3. Embrace the faith experiment–pray big prayers for yourself, your six, and Greenleaf.
4. As you pray, consider fasting in some way.
5. Jump in with both feet into the Greenleaf Family by becoming an intentional member. You’ll have the opportunity to do that towards the end of Leap Of Faith.